ENGINE & RESCUE ASSIST STATION 18 - SMOKE IN THE RESIDENCE - Llangollen Estates
Friday, September 14, 2007
Friday, September 14, 2007, Alarm : 496
Station 18, Engine & Ladder 28/32, Engine & Rescue 15, Engine 20 were dispatched for a Residential Fire at 317 Wooddale Avenue in Llangollen Estates. Rescue 15 with a crew of 4 under command of 1st Assistant Chief Poppe and Engine 15-4 with a crew of 5 under command of Deputy Chief Finnegan responded. Engine 18-3 advised the Communications Center that they had smoke in the residence and have the next due unit standby the hydrant and bring their crew with a TIC to the residence. Crew from Rescue 15 investigated with the crew from 18-3 and found that the upper circuit board of the hot water heater had malfunctioned and set the insulation on fire. Crew from 18-3 isolated the breaker and placed the scene under control at 09:37 holding station 18 units and Rescue 15. Engine 15-4 was returning when Deputy Chief Finnegan "chimed" up to respond to a medical run (WOW!!) in station 18’s local and responded along with A-15 and M2B. Rescue 15 cleared at 09:47 hours.